Tag Archives: International health insurance

Green Angels, Angels of Mercy

Hello to all fun loving adventurers to Mexico!

Included today maybe the most valuable item yet in our blog, information on the Green Angels, sponsored by the Secretary of Tourism of Mexico.

For tourists experiencing a mechanical breakdown, these guys and the services they provide may well be better than a Spring Break fiesta. They do not charge for their service, only parts, and any oil or gas needed to get you on your way. They advertise bilingual mechanics, but you may run into the one, or two, or however many, that may not be bilingual, at least in English! Nonetheless, when these guys show up, you will be glad they did. Oh, before I forget, tips are welcomed, though not mandatory. Don’t be a cheap tourist…

Enjoy a brief video of an actual Green Angel patrol extending their hand to a tourist experiencing a break down. We have all been there, but it is amazingly different when it is in another country. Probably more so, when breaking down in the Republic of Mexico! The video is about 6:00 + minutes, and you can basically skip to about the 1:45 mark to see the Green Angels do their thing.

Below is a link to the service area map for the Green Angels. In addition, you can also visit other programs for info from the Secretary of Tourism in Mexico.

service map

If you are still starved for more Angel info, click here for further information on the history and work they perform.

more info

Have a wonderful time, and remember, for all of your Mexico Tourist Auto, Homeowners, Motorcycles, Boats and International Health Insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business

What are the Time Zones in Mexico?

One of the considerations and requirements of living on the U.S. Mexican border has to be understanding the Time Zones and how they affect both countries. Especially if you do business or commute to work from one side of the border to the other.

I have been involved in the International Insurance industry since 1989, specializing in Mexico, which makes it doubly important to know the Time Zones in Mexico. Additionally, living in El Paso Texas, we are the only major city in the State of Texas that is on the Mountain Time Zone and not the Central Time Zone. We need to know these zones because we deal with numerous offices, agencies, and of course customers throughout Mexico, including Mexico City.

There are three (3) Time Zones in Mexico as compared to the U.S. four (4) time zones in the continental U.S. The majority population lives in Mexico City and Merida locals, and is the same time as our Central Time Zone in the U.S.

The next time zone begins North of Puerto Vallarta, but does not include Puerto Vallarta. It does include the very popular Mazatlan, and Baja Sur (Sur meaning South). This area represents a major play ground for Americans and Canadians, especially those who enjoy the warmth of the beautiful Pacific and Sea of Cortez. Major cities in this Time Zone are Loreto, La Paz and the extremely popular Los Cabos.

Closer to home, our home, is the State of Chihuahua and includes the city of Chihuahua, as well as Ciudad Juarez, that sits next to El Paso Texas. This large area, usually described as the Texas of Mexico, is located in the Mountain Time Zone (one hour between U.S. Central and Pacific Time Zones)

Baja Norte (North) uses the same time as California, Pacific Time, while the entire State of Sonora (located in Northern Mexico, directly East of Baja Norte and bordering Arizona) does not participate in changing their clocks at any time during the year.

We hope this helps you in your Mexico travels. If you have any questions concerning this or anything else regarding travel into Mexico. Please let us know, we will do our best to assist you.

For all of your Mexico Tourist Auto, Homeowners, Motorcycles, Boats and International Health Insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business!

So you think your covered with your U.S. insurance in Mexico?

Unfortunately many people believe this myth. Again unfortunately, it is because most of our U.S. insurance companies giving credence to this belief by implying their Mexico Border Endorsement provides coverage in Mexico. It “might” for physical damage (damage to YOUR vehicle) but NOT for the 3rd party liability exposures you encounter in Mexico.

First, a brief explanation. Automobile insurance is broken down to specific parts or types of coverage. 3rd Party Liability is the part of your auto insurance that provides monterary compensation to “others” that you have either injured or caused property damage to. It is not for you, it is your fiscal responsibility to pay a 3rd party when you are at fault in an covered accident. Just a brief note about Mexico and their 3rd Party Liability requirements, click here for the latest information regarding those limits. Special note: Your destination may entail driving through various Mexican States. It is wise to at least purchase the States highest 3rd party liability limits that you travel.

Mexico’s vehicle laws are implemented differently than those in the U.S., and require payment at the time of the accident, OR, you must posses a valid Mexico Tourist Auto policy from a Mexican insurance company. The authorities will negotiate with the Mexican insurance companies Claims Department, or Adjusters.

So your U.S. auto insurance is not applicable when in an accident in Mexico. Restitution is immediately required, and trust me, your U.S. insurance company is not going to send their U.S. Adjuster to Mexico to ajudicate your claim. Therefor, you will be required to pay out of your back pocket the damages or repair costs to the 3rd party on the spot, OR, they may impound your vehicle until restitution is made, OR, they could, and this is extremely rare, incarcerate you until restitution is made.

You may say, but my policy says I am covered, and I am an American! GOOD LUCK with that gem of a statement as your vehicle is impounded while you go back to the U.S. to get $ for this claim. OR, you can speak to your U.S. insurer, who will happily explain to you “NO problem” just bring us a copy of all the police reports and tow or drive your vehicle back to the U.S. and we will gladly pay your claim! There are numerous other scenarios where this can just only get worse, but I am not about to dissuade you from traveling to Mexico, just be wise and purchase your Mexican Tourist Auto policy prior to leaving the U.S. Inexpensive and very simple…

Another thought. I have recently pursued and have made avialable on line, the Mexico Border Endorsments from Nationwide (Texas) and Allstate (Texas). They are vague at best without specific coverage definitions, and also realistically convey that their coverage is not recognized in Mexico. Why they make it part of the policy, I will never know.

To view these documents, click on the following:

Nationwide (Texas) Mexico Border Endorsment

Allstate (Texas) Mexico Border Endorsment

We hope this helps with any questions or concerns you have about your U.S. Auto insurance and the implications that could arise if you depend solely upon that as your proof of insurance in Mexico.

For all of your Mexico Tourist Auto, Homeowners, Motorcycles, Boats and International Health Insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business!




Ya se siente la Copa Mundial de la FIFA Brasil 2014

Brasil-2014Al recorrer las calles de la ciudad veo cada vez a más niños y jóvenes jugando en la calle o en el parque con un balón de futbol soccer. Se empieza a llenar el ambiente de una vibra futbolera que nos aparta de lo cotidiano y nos sumerge en un mundo de pasión en el deporte.

Y aunque estamos a casi un año de que se lleve a cabo la Copa Mundial de la FIFA Brasil 2014 que será la XX edición de la Copa Mundial de Fútbol, ya se sienten las ganas de disfrutar en familia o con los amigos de esos partidos emocionantes entre cada país calificado.

Undated handout image of the official 2014 World Cup mascot, the Brazilian three-banded armadillo (the Tolypeutes tricinctus)

Esta será la segunda vez que se realiza este evento en Brasil después de la  Copa Mundial de Fútbol de 1950, entre el 24 de junio y el 16 de julio y fue la primera edición del torneo después de la Segunda Guerra Mundial, resultando la selección Uruguaya campeona en aquel mundial.

El balón oficial de la Copa Mundial de 2014, ha sido bautizado con el nombre de Adidas Brazuca. Con el término “brazuca”, los brasileños definen el orgullo nacional de su forma de ser, que se refleja en la manera cómo viven el fútbol; simboliza la emoción, el orgullo y la buena voluntad de todos.

A los que somos aficionados al futbol la espera para que inicie el próximo mundial tal vez es larga pero cuando menos lo imaginamos ya estaremos a la vuelta de la esquina vislumbrando la inauguración y los partidos se nos hacen tan cortos que se nos pasa muy rápido el mundial para cuando ya estamos pensando en del 2018.

El próximo año cuando de inicio la Copa Mundial de Fútbol, alejémonos de lo cotidiano y tratemos de disfrutar de cada partido aunque no juegue nuestro equipo favorito, mientras comemos, en el taller u oficina (si es posible 🙂 ), con los amigos, ya que el deporte nos ayuda a pasar un momento agradable y sano, alejándonos por un momento de los problemas cotidianos.


Si usted es uno de los afortunados que tendrán la oportunidad de viajar y estar en persona disfrutando de cada partido en vivo, nosotros le ofrecemos una gran gama de servicios de seguros para que disfrute al máximo y viaje con tranquilidad.

Siempre que salgo con mi familia de viaje ya sea por negocio o vacaciones, en lo primero que pienso es en un seguro para el auto y máxime si es un país extranjero el cual no conozco, en donde las leyes y los sistemas de salud son distintos al mío. Procuro comprar también un seguro de salud que proteja a mi familia en caso de que alguno se enferme y no andar preocupado por los gastos médicos que nos pueden hacer pasar un mal rato y que nuestras vacaciones no sean lo que esperábamos.

Ofrecemos planes de salud y gastos médicos internacionales muy económicos así como seguros vehiculares para todo México, Centro y Sudamérica.

Estamos a sus órdenes y les deseamos que si a usted le gusta el futbol soccer tanto como a nosotros, disfrute de los partidos que puedan ver, y que gane el mejor. Y ojalá nos de la sorpresa un país que nunca haya ganado la copa.

Insurance Consultants International

SPRING BREAK Travel Destinations

Yes, it’s that time again. SPRING BREAK!!! Put down the books, gas up your car and head out to to visit family, or spend time with your new found school buddies. Let’s not forget our teachers and profs, as they to look forward to probably spending some quiet time without having to deal with you needy students…

Here are some travel destinations to consider. For many in the Midwest and Southwest the closest salt water and beautiful beaches are located in Puerto Penasco, or as many refer to it, Rocky Point. A beautiful village located on the Mexico’s Sea of Cortez, in the Northern part of Mexico in the State of Sonora. Getting there is easy. Head to Tuscon and take a left or right dependent upon what part of the country you are coming from on I-10.

It is a Free Zone, so border crossing is easy, and inexpensive. You do not require a vehicle permit, however you will be required to provide the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security or Customs a “Valid Passport” on your return Stateside. Have a valid Drivers License, if driving, and make certain that you do NOT wander outside of the Free Zone. Failure to observe street signs and ending up out side of the Free Zone could cost you mucho dinero or pesos if you will. It’s against Mexico’s Federal Law to operate a foreign plated vehicle without a vehicle permit outside of the Free Zone. The Hotels are awesome, food and drink plentiful. If you are going dancing or clubbing, crowds are packed into most venues.

Another popular gathering spot is in Texas, South Padre islands. Obviously you do not need to posses vehicle permits here, but if you are curious about Mexico, head over to Matamoros. You can walk or drive across. If you drive, just make sure you have Mexico Tourist Auto insurance, which we can help you with that. Mexico to satisfy your curiosity about Mexico, make sure you bring along your Passport again. If driving you do not need a vehicle permit here, as it is located on what is called the “frontera”, however if you intend on going deeper into Mexico, then you would have to purchase a vehicle permit. In ALL circumstances, you MUST cancel or turn in your Mexico Vehicle Permit upon exiting Mexico. Failure to do so could cost you time, $$$, and a lot of frustration.

Another awesome Spring Break destination is Cancun, Mexico. One of my favorite places. Clear water, awesome food, and fantastic weather. A bit pricier, especially for college students, but well worth it if your parents or you can afford it. For older, say more mature travelers, this time of year is generally not great in Cancun. Unless of course you don’t mind the noise, and watching people throwing up. I’d pick any other time to go to Cancun. I’d pick any other time to go to any of these destinations, if you are a seasoned traveler.

You will still need a U.S. passport, though driving to Cancun can be an adventure, most people will want to fly. You will also require a Visa that is provided by your airline.

We can provide you with Mexico Tourist Auto insurance and Int’l Health & Accident if your destination is Mexico or anywhere else outside of the continental U.S. Laws in Mexico differ substantially than the U.S. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to call or contact us via E Mail or this blog.

Stay safe, have fun, and watch out for each other. You want fond memories, not bad ones!

For all of your Mexico Auto, Homeowners, Motorcycles, Boats and International Health Insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business!

What is needed to apply for a Vehicle Permit in Mexico?

According to the Official site for Aduana/Banjercito, the following Fee, and deposit for your vehicles Temporary Import Permit (TIP) is as follows:

$ 48.84 USD$ is the cost of the Temporary Import Permit or TIP for short.

Car Permits

This service is provided to foreigners and foreign legal Mexican Residents who wish to enter Mexican territory with a vehicle from abroad with foreign license plates. (Other than Mexican license plates)

Only Sonora Car Permits

This service is provided to foreigners and foreign legal Mexican residents wishing only to the state of Sonora, with a vehicle from abroad.

Boat Permits

This service is provided to foreigners and Mexicans who wish to enter Mexican territory a vessel of foreign origin.

Mobile Home Permits

This service is provided to foreigners and foreign legal Mexican residents who wish to enter Mexican territory with a mobile home from abroad.

In addition to the aforementioned TIP, there is yet another charge that is determined by your vehicles year model. This is a “Bond” that is charged against your Credit, Debit (VISA or MasterCard) or if preferred, cash ($) This charge will be converted into pesos at the current exchange rate. Below is the table that reflects the amount of the applicable bond. This amount will be returned or credited, in the manner in which the bond was paid, upon your cancellation of the permit. Note: Turning in or cancelling of your vehicles TIP needs to occur prior to the expiration of the permits date, because if not, you will forfeit the bond. Your refund will be applied to the same card used for your Bonds payment, the next business day.

Amount to be paid in Mexican Pesos based on applicable exchange rate

Vehicle Year Model
2007 and later 400 USD $
2001 until 2006 300 USD $
2000 and earlier 200 USD $

Again, a very important item to remember is this. You must turn in your Vehicle Permit/paperwork prior to it’s expiration date. If you do not, you will forfeit the Bond, and you will not be allowed to import a vehicle in the future into Mexico. In the old days, it wasn’t as much a problem because not every Aduana/Banjercito office was networked nationally…they are now!

Please feel free to call us with any questions you may have regarding this process.

For all of your Mexico Auto, Homeowners, Motorcycles, Boats and International Health Insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business!

When do I need a Vehicle Permit to travel into Mexico?

Technically, it is referred to as a Temporary Import Permit, but from here forward, will be referred to as Vehicle Permit. You are temporarily importing the vehicle into the Republic of Mexico, for your personal use when traveling into the interior of mainland Mexico.

There is NO need for a Vehicle Permit if you are traveling anywhere in Baja California.
NO Vehicle Permit is needed if traveling to what is referred to as the “Frontera” or immediate border that contacts Mexico to the U.S mainland of Mexico (NOT Baja California) This area generally covers all mainland Mexican border cities and towns, such as Cd. Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Matamoras, customarily up to 26 kilometers…You only need a Vehicle Permit along the Frontera if your stay is going to be longer than 72 consecutive hours.

You will need a Vehicle Permit when traveling into the interior of mainland Mexico, generally just outside of each Mexican border city, heading into the interior of mainland Mexico. Left click your mouse onto the Map of Mexico below. Note: This is informational only, and subject to change, as everything is. It is your responsibility to verify requirements prior to your trip.

WARNING: if you proceed past the last Port of Entry outside of the Free Zone or Frontera, as mentioned above or denoted on the map, without applying and acquiring the Vehicle Permit, your vehicle will be subject to confiscation, which is NOT a covered condition on your Mexican Tourist Auto Policy.

Vehicle Permit Expirations are determined by the type of visit you are making in Mexico. As a tourist/visitor to Mexico, they are good for up to 180 days. It is important that you know when your Permit is scheduled to expire, and that you not be in the mainland interior of Mexico with an expired permit. You are also required, by Mexican law, to turn in your Vehicle Permit prior to its expiration date, and prior to reentering the U.S. You can do this at any Port of Entry while exiting Mexico, but the Port that issued your Permit is best. Failure to follow this requirement could lead to fines, revocation of the importation bond you purchased when getting your Vehicle Permit, and quite probably a huge inconvenience if you ever visit the interior of Mexico in the future. Advice: DON”T DO IT!

If you leave Mexico to reenter the U.S. prior to your Permits expiration with plans to reenter Mexico in the future, you (the owner) should stop at the Aduana (Banjercito) offices at the border to request a permit to exit and return multiple times, or have Aduana remove the import-sticker. Most people accustomed to frequenting Mexico do not do this, as it is an inconvenience. However, and I saw this on another blog, and it is correct, if your permitted vehicle is stolen, totaled, or sold while in the U.S. then you have lost the opportunity to properly turn in your Mexico Vehicle Permit, and brother, you are already in the system! Your Bond is forfeited, and your right to import another future vehicle is jeopardized and possibly permanently terminated.

All countries have their sovereign laws, and some might seem quirky, or unnecessary. The primary reason(s) behind Mexico’s vehicle laws is because for years hundreds of thousands of U.S. Registered vehicles were sold illegally in Mexico without the proper importation duties and taxes paid. This is how they combat that…

We are here to assist, advise, council, and educate our friends who travel, and not just sell them a piece of paper.

Now go enjoy your adventure! If you have any questions, please feel free to call or E Mail.

For all of your Mexico Auto, Homeowners, Motorcycles, Boats and International Health Insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business!

What do you do if you have an auto accident in Mexico?

Auto accident in Mexico

First, if passengers or drivers are injured, seek medical attention.

If your vehicle has been stolen, hopefully you would have taken a picture or record your V.I.N. and License Plate on your phone. Also make certain you include your Mexican Tourist Auto policy #, if any, and the Claims Center phone # for the policy. Many times people leave all their important paperwork, passport, vehicle title or registration, in the car and it takes an inordinate amount of time reconstructing or retrieving that paperwork. Best just to put it all in your phone, and save a copy of each important document at home so the information can be easily transferred to you no matter where you are.

If you have a Mexican Tourist auto policy, contact your Mexican Insurance Companies Claim Center. Most Claims Centers use Mexican Toll Free #’s which typically cannot be dialed with a U.S. cell phone, so you might have to use a land line. Be prepared to provide them your:

Policy #
Exact Location (if uncertain, ask someone)

Do NOT enter into any kind of agreement with a 3rd party. That is, anyone whom you have damaged or injured in the accident.

If you do not have a Mexican Tourist auto policy and are depending on your own U.S. auto insurance policy then one of two things could occur. Remember, Mexican law requires immediate financial restitution to a damaged or injured 3rd party.

1. Mexico does NOT recognize U.S. auto policies 3rd party liability coverages. That particular coverage must be written by a legally licensed and authorized Mexican insurance company. Consequently, there is a high probability that you will still be held accountable if you do not posses this type of policy.

2. If you don’t have a Mexican Tourist Auto policy, you might be asked to make immediate financial restitution to the damaged 3rd party. The authorities typically negotiate with them, and you will have to pay them on the spot. At times, the 3rd party, who understands the system, might seek financial restitution from you prior to the authorities arriving. If the authorities do show up and you are required to pay the 3rd party and you don’t have monies to do so, will usually impound your vehicle, and possibly bring you before a Magistrate.

Once, on a flight home from San Antonio, rode with a Bodily Injury Adjuster for a major U.S. (national) auto personal lines insurance company. We shared stories, and when I asked exactly what occurs when one of their U.S. policies has a claim in Mexico, he chuckled and said “nothing”! We are not allowed to cross into Mexico to work…period. When I asked how they adjusted the claim, he said they processed the claim once the insured got themselves, and their vehicle back to the U.S. Absolutely worthless, so know what you have. Most U.S. insurance companies possessing this endorsement, will advise you get additional 3rd party liability coverage for Mexico.

For the least amount of resistance, purchase a 3rd party liability policy issued by a Mexican insurance company, very inexpensive, especially as compared to the scenario above.

If your vehicle is valued high enough to warrant physical damage (i.e. Collision and Theft) it can be purchased for a few more dollars. Finance companies, if your still making payments on your vehicle, require this coverage. If you have a U.S. full coverage (Collision & Theft included) insurance policy that contains a “Border Endorsement”, you should have this coverage, as long as the insured event takes place along the frontera, generally within 26 kilometers of the U.S. border. Many U.S. insurance companies do not have this provision, and those that do, have guidelines that practically make them worthless. FYI, get it in writing.

Follow the instructions provided by your Claims Center or Adjuster. Always ask them to provide you a Claim #, and if an Adjuster arrives, be certain to request their Business Card and a copy of the Claims Report. If they cannot get to you in a reasonable amount of time, due to your location or other factors such as Holidays, or heavy traffic, then you might receive permission to drive the vehicle, if it is safe to do so, and if not, they will probably send a tow truck (grua) to your location.

If, and this is very rare, you are in a serious accident where injuries or possibly a total loss of yours or anothers vehicle, you might have to go before a Magistrate. This is not common, as Mexico does not want to hinder tourist travel, or generate bad publicity, due to the economic impact tourists generate. However, on occasion, and due to their laws, they might hold you in a Magistrates office until the case is settled. Most Mexican insurance companies, not all, provide legal assistance for this scenario.

What have we learned.

1. Make copies and document all of your important paperwork on cell or at home
2. Do not rely on a U.S. Insurance Companies, Border Endorsement
3. At least purchase a 3rd party liability policy from a legally licensed and authorized Mexican company.
4. If needed or warranted, purchase Full Coverage, that includes Theft and Collision and Legal Assistance, which will also include the needed 3rd party liability coverage
5. Report your claim prior to exiting Mexico
6. Lastly, follow the instructions provided by the Claims Center or Adjuster

Have a safe trip, and if we can assist you with answers to your questions, please feel free to call or E mail us!

For all of your Mexico Auto and International health insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business!

What documents are needed to travel in Mexico

The process for entering into Mexico via Automobile (land), by sea, or air is as follows.

As of January 2007, the United States will require U.S. citizens to present a valid U.S. passport or other accepted identification when entering or departing the United States by air or sea travel to or from Mexico or Canada.

U.S. Citizens are required to show proof of citizenship when traveling to and from Mexico. Each visitor needs a valid picture I.D. and one of the following:

* a state-issued birth certificate with an affixed seal, or
* a naturalization certificate, with a laminated naturalization card, or
* a valid U.S. passport

If flying into Mexico, you will receive a Mexico Tourist Card and a Mexico Customs Declaration form to be completed prior to your reaching your destination. All visitors, including all minor infants and children, must be in possession of a Tourist Card. Don’t lose or misplace your Tourist card as it is needed for your return flight.

Minors – In addition to possessing one of the forms of documentation mentioned above, an unaccompanied U.S. or Canadian citizen under 18 years of age must have the following:

* If traveling alone, the minor must carry a notarized letter signed by both parents giving permission to do so.
* If traveling with one parent, he or she must have a notarized letter from the absent parent giving permission for the traveling parent to take the minor out of the country, or an original court order indicating that the traveling parent has full custody.
* If the minor is traveling with one parent, and the other is deceased, the deceased parent’s Death Certificate must be presented.

Listen, these procedures are not always followed verbatim, especially in Mexico. It is however, wise to posses everything in order to proceed with as little difficulty and sometimes irritation as possible.

Mexico Travel Documents To enter Mexico you will need the following:

As previously mentioned, a valid passport or your birth certificate with embossed seal and government issued photo ID, generally a valid Drivers License. It is a good idea to have at least 3 copies of these documents, allowing you to save some time at the Port of Entry, or in dealing with Aduana. They are the “Mexican Customs” located approximately 18 miles into the interior of all Mexican border cities and towns from Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California. That allows you to not stand in line so long, and to avoid paying for extra copies.

We suggest you keep an extra set of all your important documents, such as passports, vehicle registration, titles, etc. at home with one of your emergency contacts, if needed. In addition, if you have E Mail, you might want to scan a copy of your important documents and save them in your PC or cell.

Vehicle Permits


You do not need a Vehicle Permit in the “Free Zones”. That is the Mexican states that border California, and most of Arizona. Along the Texas, New Mexico, border is considered “free” or Frontera as well. However, once you arrive at a Port of Entry generally between 18 to 26 kilometers, then you have to acquire the vehicle permit.

* If you are a Mexican Citizen, you need to prove your citizenship by providing a Passport, Proof of Work Authorization in the U.S., your Resident Alien Card, or Naturalization Certificate.
* If traveling beyond the frontera, or border, then you will also need to provide a copy of your Registration, or cars Title (if you have one, Canadians provide only Registration) A bill of sale is not valid proof of vehicle ownership.
* A credit card for the temporary importation of your vehicle, which includes the vehicles permit, good for up to 180 days. NOTE: You MUST return the permit if you are not going to re-enter Mexico prior to your vehicle permits expiration. Failure to do so will cost you the “bond” that has been charged to your credit/debit card.
*IMPORTANT: For financed, leased, rental or company owned vehicles, you must obtain a letter from the actual owner authorizing you to take the vehicle into Mexico, which will typically entail the purchase of a full coverage Mexico Tourist Auto policy. You should always purchase at least a 3rd party Mexico insurance policy from a legally licensed Mexican insurance company. That can be purchased in the U.S.

As in all Gov’t sanctioned requirements, they can be changed by the Mexican, or U.S. Gov’t at any time.

Now go enjoy your adventure! If you have any questions, please feel free to call or E Mail.

For all of your Mexico Auto and International health insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business!

Thanksgiving travel is up! Go to Mexico!

Not just in U.S., but Mexico too!

According to AAA, predicts 43 million Americans will travel over 50 miles from their home this year. That is up by only o.7% over last year, as personal income remains tight.

Out of New York, a leading Travel Agency, CheapOair, announced it’s top 10 International and National destinations. Leading the International destination, as usual, Cancun garners top spot from the Northeast part of the U.S. I am sure a few people suffering from the effects of Hurricane Sandy would love to be able to kick back for a few days in a place that does not resemble a war zone.

AAA also states that due to the drop in gas prices, it is still cheaper to drive the family during this holiday than to fly. Thanks to a an average decline of 35 cents per gallon since last month.

We didn’t receive any concrete numbers for vehicle travel from the U.S. and Canada to Mexico, but it always remains one of the busiest travel times for Mexican Ex Pats to visit family and friends.

If you want to know what is needed when traveling to Mexico by car, please visit banjercito, to see what documents, and permits will be needed. Stick to the Mexican Toll Roads for faster and more reliable road conditions.

Other items needed:

1. Vehicle Title or Registration (if still making car payments, you will need a “Letter of Permission” from the Lien Holder.), we can help.

2. Valid U.S. Passport

3. A Valid U.S. issued Credit Card (Debit Cards will be debited a dollar amount according to the year of your vehicle)

4. A Mexican Tourist Auto Policy underwritten by a Mexican Insurance Co. Though your U.S. Auto Insurer may say you have coverage, Mexican authorities do not recognize it!

5. Very Important! Don’t forget to turn in your Vehicle Permit when you EXIT Mexico!

Beautiful Puerto Penasco, Mazatlan, and all of Baja are just a few hours away from most of the U.S. Southwestern States for those who just want to relax and enjoy the sun.

For those visiting family, your loved ones can’t wait to see you!

For all of your Mexico Auto and International health insurance needs, please call us at 1-800-434-3966 OR Email us at ici@mxici.com or visit us at mxici.com to issue your own policy. We appreciate your business!